Last updated 19 June 2019
1. RESPONSIBLE RIDING
To ride our scooters you must:
- be at least 16 years of age (in Singapore, Malaysia, or Thailand) or 18 years (in Australia) of age, as applicable;
- be in good health;
- not be under the influence of alcohol, controlled substances, drugs, medication, or any other substance that may impair your ability to safely operate the scooter;
- not have any existing physical, mental, medical or other condition that may impair your ability to safely operate the scooters;
- keep under the scooter’s weight limit of 140kg (total weight, i.e. rider and cargo);
- wear safety equipment, including but not limited to helmets, elbow and knee pads, covered footwear;
- be the only rider;
- not carry passengers, including but not limited to other adults, children, infants (in baby carriers or otherwise), animals including pets and service animals etc.;
- not be carrying items weighing more than 10kg in total;
- not be carrying items that may impede your ability to safely operate the scooter, including but not limited to bulky, oversized or imbalanced items;
- not use any phone, tablet, laptop, smartwatch, mp3 player, or mobile electronic device while riding;
- not use any device that may distract the user from safely operating the scooter;
- not use headphones, earphones, earbuds, headset, or other listening device while riding, or otherwise impede your ability to observe and pay attention to your surroundings;
- not ride in adverse weather conditions, including but not limited to heavy rain, lightning storms, monsoons, windy conditions, typhoons, hurricanes, cyclones, tropical storms, flooding, storm surges, haze, fog, smog, dust storms, reduced visibility conditions, hail, heavy snow, and icy conditions;
- not use the scooter for racing, tricks, stunts, or in any other manner other than for personal transport; and
- abide by all applicable traffic rules, and any other relevant laws and regulations (federal, state, local or otherwise).
2. STARTING AND ENDING A TRIP
Starting a trip
- inspect the scooter for defects;
- test the brakes, both mechanical and electric;
- test the lights;
- test the horn;
- test the throttle;
- wear a helmet and other personal protective equipment as necessary and as mandated in each jurisdiction; and
- ensure that you can adopt a comfortable riding position on the scooter.
Do not use the scooter if it does not pass the above tests, or is otherwise unsuitable for operation. Failure to do so may leave you liable to pay a convenience charge.
Ending a trip
- park only in the designated parking areas indicated in the Neuron app and as marked out by the parking decals placed on location;
- deploy the kickstand;
- return the scooter in the same condition as when you started the trip, normal wear and tear permitting;
- return any provided personal protective equipment to the scooter (e.g. clip the helmet to the scooter’s handlebars);
- do not park the scooter in restricted public areas;
- do not park the scooter on roads or public footpaths;
- do not park the scooter where it may cause an obstruction, including in common corridors, doorways, entrances, emergency exits, stairwells, etc.;
- do not park the scooter within restricted access private areas which will prevent other users from accessing the scooter (e.g. within a condominium compound, within a commercial property, within a school compound, inside a residential property); and
- do not park the scooter where doing so would be in breach of applicable traffic rules, and any other relevant laws and regulations (federal, state, local or otherwise).
Neuron may regard the scooter as lost or stolen if you fail to abide by the above rules.
3. DURING A TRIP
- stay vigilant and keep a look out for hazards;
- be considerate and watch out for pedestrians and other riders;
- stick to paved surfaces at all times—do not go off-road;
- when approaching a crossing, slow down and be prepared to stop;
- when at a crossing, stop and look for on-coming traffic before proceeding;
- stay off all roads and expressways/freeways/motorways/highways—local laws may permit briefly riding on the road to avoid obstructions in some jurisdictions, check your local laws;
- observe all relevant local speed limits, slow down if necessary:
- keep a look out for traffic signs, and obey them;
- keep to the left on footpaths, shared paths, and cycling paths;
- ensure that you have adequate visibility at all times, and can be seen by fellow road users, use the on-board lights when necessary;
- do not ride in a dangerous or reckless manner;
- do not cause nuisance, distraction, or inconvenience to other road users; and
- stop riding immediately if the scooter malfunctions, the battery level is low, or the scooter cannot be ridden safely.
4. OTHER RESTRICTIONS
- Do not retain the scooter in your possession after a trip. This includes keeping the scooter within your property.
- Do not fail to pay usage or other fees and charges as they become due.
- Do not convey the scooter in a vehicle or otherwise transport the scooter other than by riding it.
- Do not ride or transport the scooter outside of the designated riding areas.
- Do not prevent or obstruct other users from using the scooter after completing a ride (e.g. by locking the scooter with an external device).
- Do not modify, disassemble, remove components, or otherwise tamper with the scooter in any way.
- Do not retain possession of provided personal protective equipment, including helmets, after completing a ride.
- Do not use the scooter for commercial activities or purposes (e.g. courier, food delivery, promotional activities, rideshare).
- Neuron may regard the scooter as lost or stolen if you fail to abide by the above rules.
5. TIME LIMITS
- The maximum duration for a single ride is 4 hours. Please complete your ride within this time and return the scooter to a designated parking area as indicated in the Neuron app.
- If a trip is not ended within 24 hours of trip commencement, the scooter will be regarded as lost or stolen, and a police report may be made against you.
6. LOST OR STOLEN SCOOTERS
Neuron reserves the right to take all necessary actions available to it at law if a scooter is regarded as lost or stolen, including but not limited to:
- charging a convenience fee;
- holding you liable, and charging your payment method on file, for: (i) the full replacement cost of the scooter, (ii) outstanding usage charges, (iii) charges and expenses incurred by Neuron in its recovery attempts, (iv) interest, and (v) any other relevant charges;
- making a police report against you; and/or
- commencing recovery actions and proceedings.
If a scooter is regarded as lost or stolen while in your possession, Neuron reserves the right to suspend or terminate your access to the service. This extends to all accounts that we reasonably suspect to be associated with the offending account.